Additional Contacts & More Information
- Bike Highway
- National Library of bicycle cue sheets and rides calendars.
- Bike New Jersey
- A non-profit corporation which seeks to improve and
incease the use of bicycle transportation. (973)635-2211
- Morris Area Freewheelers
- Local bicycle club that organizes and leads rides in
and around Morris County.
- League of American Cyclists
- Promotes bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation
and work through advocacy and education for a bicycle-friendly
202-822-1333 | www.bikeleague.org | Email
- Morris County Department of Planning & Development,
Division of Transportation
- Developed the transit guide to complement the Bicycle
and Pedestrian Element of the Morris County Master Plan,
adopted by the County Planning Board in 1998. The Division
of Transportation serves as an excellent resource for
bicycle and pedestrian information.
973-829-8101 | E-Mail
- Morris County Heritage Commission
- Promotes preservation through education, publications,
the historical sites marker program, and the organization
of exhibits and presentations.
973-879-8117 | E-Mail
- Morris County Highway Traffic Safety Committee
- Seeks to enhance safety on Morris County roads, including
the safety of bicyclists and pedestrians. Public meeting
- Morris County Park Commission
- Administers the Morris County Park System, which includes
13,000 acres of open space, historic sites and facilities
for active and passive recreation. Develops and manages
most of the major trails in the county and runs the adopt-a-trail
973-326-7600 | E-Mail
- Morris County Visitor Center
- Plans events to celebrate and make use of Morris County's
many historic sites and offers a self-guided Historic
Morristown Walking Tour.
973-631-5151 | www.morristourism.org
- Morris Trails Conservancy
- Civic organization promoting trail development in Morris
973-326-7604 | E-Mail
- National Park Service Morristown Unit
- Federal agency that monitors and preserves US National
Parks and provides historical and conservation information,
relating specifically to Morristown National Historic
908-766-8215 | E-Mail
- New Jersey Bicycle & Pedestrian Resource Center
- New Jersey Department of Transportation
- Office of the Bicycle/Pedestrian Advocate The statewide
bicycle and pedestrian planning and programming branch
of the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
- New York - New Jersey Trail Conference
- Association of hiking and environmental organizations,
and individual members who build and maintain trails.
201-512-9348 | E-Mail
- NJ TRANSIT Bike Aboard Program
- Program to allow bicycles on transit vehicles at certain
800-772-3606 | E-Mail
- Northern NJ Safe Kids
- A coalition of representatives of county and state government, law enforcement, hospitals, the education community, local businesses, and concerned citizens, whose mission is to reduce fatalities, injuries, and property damage due to unintentional injuries on the road, at home, and at play.
973-971-4327 | E-Mail
- Partnership for a Walkable America
- An alliance of public and private organizations, and
individuals who are committed to promoting the changes
needed to make America more walkable. Information is available
from the National Safety Council.
202-366-2177 | E-Mail
- A private not-for-profit Transportation Management Association,
dedicated to developing and providing mobility options
for those who live or work in Northern New Jersey. They
also serve as a clearinghouse for advocacy and information
on bicycle and pedestrian issues, assisting both commuters
and communities. TransOptions will match "biking
buddies" to encourage bicycle commuting.
973-267-7600 | E-Mail